IDENTIFY GAPS IN KNOWLEDGE
Through first-hand experience and reviews of the literature, practice guidelines, and national prioritized agendas, investigators determine where gaps in knowledge exist, and develop proposals for studies to address them.
- National Trauma Research Action Plan (NTRAP) — The Coalition for National Trauma Research has submitted proposals for funding the development of the NTRAP, which will provide a blueprint for a collaborative Civilian/Military research agenda
- Military trauma research priorities are evident in the topics addressed in Broad Agency Announcements from the U.S. Army Research Lab, U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition, U.S. Office of Naval Research
- The 2016 NASEM Report on a National Trauma Care System includes a combined civilian/military list of High Priority Research Needs
- The Cochrane Library provides databases of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making and reveal gaps where more evidence is needed
- The National Institutes of Health issues Funding Announcements that point to gaps scientists need to close
- ClinicalTrials.gov is a searchable database of both publicly and privately funded clinical trials conducted around the world