The 2022 Consensus Conference to Implement Optimal VTE Prophylaxis in Trauma will convene a multi-disciplinary group of stakeholders with wide ranging areas of expertise and focus in injury care and venous thromboembolism (VTE) in trauma. It will be a hybrid in-person/virtual event May 4-5, 2022, with the face-to-face portion held in Chicago, Illinois, at the American College of Surgeons.
In an effort to grow the pipeline of a diverse group of investigators and spur new grant applications, early stage investigators interested in trauma and VTE are encouraged to apply for a travel award to cover the cost of registration, airfare, meals and lodging (up to $1,500).
The conference’s primary objectives are to promote research related to the perceived barriers to delivering timely pharmacologic VTE prophylaxis, support the development of education platforms and clinical care pathways to improve implementation of current guidelines, and develop research objectives for VTE prophylaxis in trauma.
- Discuss guidelines for VTE prophylaxis in high-risk trauma patients that are accepted by trauma clinicians, surgical subspecialists, nurses, pharmacists, and patients that provide care to injured patients (and later help to disseminate these guidelines to respective specialty organizations)
- Address challenges to the dissemination and implementation of these guidelines across healthcare systems
- Define research priorities to measure short- and long-term outcomes for injured patients at risk for VTE, study the implementation of consensus guidelines, and investigate novel pharmacologic approaches to VTE prophylaxis
- Hear the voice of injured patients with VTE to promote patient-centered care research
TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION DEADLINE: Send your application as a Word document to Research@NatTrauma.org by Feburary 15, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must be early career – within ten years of completion of education, training, residency or fellowship
- Candidates must be a member of one of CNTR’s Core, Stakeholder or Affiliate member organizations (AAST, ABA, ACS-COT, EAST, WTA, STN, ATS, NATF, TCAA, SCCM, AANS/CNS, AGS, NBCA, NAEMT, ACEP, HAVI) https://www.nattrauma.org/who-we-are/members/
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae or NIH Biographical Sketch
- Submit a 250-word essay about how participation in this conference complements your current clinical and research interests.
- Agree to participate in the breakout sessions and actively engage in the development of research priorities and proposal ideas.
- Agree to take a leading co-author role in preparing manuscripts describing the conference discussions/proceedings