The Johns Hopkins VTE Collaborative is spearheading efforts to build patient-centered interventions aimed to improve patient adherence with venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis. We have created this patient education video with funding from the Patient- Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) for a project titled “Preventing Venous Thromboembolism: Empowering and Enabling Patient-Centered Care via Health Information Technology” (Program Award CE-12-11-4489).
The Patient Education Bundle includes:
Additional Information for Patients About Blood Clot Prevention
Click HERE for the answers to these questions:
- What is a blood clot or venous thromboembolism (VTE)?
- Are blood clots serious?
- How do I know if I have a blood clot?
- What causes blood clots?
- What are the most common tests my care team may order to see if I have a blood clot?
- How can I prevent a blood clot?
- What happens if I do get a blood clot?